Monday, August 30, 2010


Wow. So. What a day.

Today I rolled out of bed at the painful hour of nine in the morning. I brushed my teeth, laundered my whites, and ate some pancakes.

At eleven o'clock, my dad and I piled in the car and he took me to a gas station in the middle of nowhere to meet up with my mom, and at that point I piled myself and all my luggage into her Chevy Tahoe and headed to my other home.

My new other home, actually. My mom moved while I was back at home. It's forty-five minutes closer now! The new house is really nice, it's a lot closer to civilization as well, which can be seen as a negative or a positive.

Also, I'm watching a Degrassi re-runs and hyperventilating over Munro Chambers's attractiveness.

After I got to the new house, my mom and stepdad and I got back into the Tahoe, and hooked a trailer to the back of it which held an airboat that my stepdad is selling and wanted to take to his dad's house to fix it up. He got the trailer and airboat from a pawn shop owner, so the trailer was kind of crappy. Not saying that pawn shop owners inherently abuse their trailers, but I'm saying my stepdad would never allow his own trailer to get into this sort of condition.

So we're driving down the road, and about ten minutes into the trip we hear a thump, and I whip my head around to see a tire rolling away down the road. A tire had popped off the trailer. So we pulled over on the side of the road, my stepdad inspected the damage, and then it was decided that my mother and I would wait with the boat & trailer on the side of the road in the middle of East Jesus Nowhere while my stepdad went back and got his friend Pepper to come back with an extra trailer and take care of it.

So my mother and I waited for a good thirty minutes. I laid out on the front of the boat and got some sun, and watched a small green caterpillar pace back and forth.

My stepdad came back with his tow truck, and his friend Pepper with his pickup truck and another trailer. We put the boat on Pepper's trailer to avoid any damage, and then stuck the wheel-less trailer on the back of my stepdad's tow truck, and rigged the part with the missing wheel so that it (hopefully) wouldn't drag.

Our rig fell apart shortly after we started moving, and the sound of the metal dragging on the asphalt at 60 mph was kind of awful. But I was laughing too hard to care. You know the yellow reflector things in the middle of the road? Yeah, we scraped several of those off on the way home. And there were sparks. Lots and lots of sparks.

We got home, fixed the trailer-boat situation, and then resumed our journey to Richard (my stepdad)'s parents house. I refer to his parents as Nannan and Papaw. Just so you know.

When we got there, I was attacked by a small, adorable but hyper four year old girl named Skyla who immediately declared me her friend and I was thrust into a active game of freeze-tag/catch/hide-and-seek. She wore me out. I sat and talked with my nannan and mom for a while and ate ice cream, because I'm a fattie.

Then we went to Wal-mart, where I bought a new tank top, eyeshadow, some fiber tablets, and the ingredients to make Mississippi Mud Cake. I made the cake as soon as we got back to the house, and pretty much destroyed my mother's beautiful kitchen in the process. Mississippi Mud Cake, for those of you who don't know, is a wonderfully rich and calorific dessert that consists of a wonderful chocolate sheet cake, a layer of melty marshmallows, and chocolate frosting with walnuts. It's pretty beautiful. Not gonna lie.

And then, here I am, at my mom's kitchen table, watching Degrassi.

Excuse me while I enter a chocolate-induced coma.


  1. you should def post a pic of a piece of that mississippi mud cake so i can see the amazingness of it marsmallow & all (:

  2. Your life can stop being so amazing now. Thanks.